Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hallelujah Indeed

This entry is written in a state somewhere between awake and asleep, brought on by three straight days of musical insanity. The Primavera festival is over - final tally rests at 26 bands seen (plus a pair of DJs), and my thrill over managing to accidentally appear in Barcelona during this wonderful event is still soaring high.

The final day of the festival was beautiful - Max and I saw Rufus Wainwright and he sang his cover of Leonard Cohen´s ´Hallelujah´, which is possibly my favourite version of that song (after the original, of course), I danced with abandon to a number of sets, and the group of us that stuck it out to the very end wound up dancing in a downpour just before the dawn (which sounds like a song title, doesn´t it). This was probably one of the best experiences of my life and I can´t even start to record all the best bits - there are just too many.

Here are my top ten sets of the fest, in no particular order:

1. Rufus Wainwright
2. Holy F**k
3. British Sea Power
4. MGMT
5. Cat Power
6. Okkervil River
7. Animal Collective
8. Bishop Allen
9. Bon Iver
10. Vampire Weekend

Today was a write-off in terms of tourist-ing, seeing as we didn´t get into bed until almost 7 a.m., but we are planning on going out for dinner with our lovely roommates (they leave tomorrow, boo), and maybe check out the erotic museum that´s just down the street from us. Could be amusing.

I promise there will be more about the city itself here in the coming days!

No comments: